Care and Cleaning of of Monet Garden Awning, Canopy and Sunshade Fabric
Monet Garden Awning, Canopy and Sunshade Fabric is made of 100% solution-dyed fiber, which gives it color brightness that is unsurpassed. Being a woven fabric, it breathes and is translucent. It is guaranteed for a period of five (5) years against loss of color or strength from normal exposure conditions including sunlight, mildew, rot and atmospheric chemicals. Monet Garden Awning, Canopy and Sunshade Fabric has a fluorocarbon finish which provides excellent water repellency.
1. Monet Garden Awning, Canopy and Sunshade Fabric fabric should be cleaned regularly before substances such as dirt, roof particles and other debris are allowed to accumulate and become embedded in the fabric. The fabric can be cleaned without being removed from the frame. Simply brush off any loose dirt, roof particles, or other fourign materials and hose down and clean with a mild soap in lukewarm water (no more than 100 degrees F.) Rinse thoroughly to remove soap. DO NOT USE DETERGENTS!
2. For stubborn stains, soak the fabric for approximately 20 minutes in a solution of not more than 1/2 cup (one half of a cup) or 4 oz. (four ounces) of bleach and 1/4 cup )one quarter of a cup) of mild soap per gallon of water at approximately 100 degrees F. Rinse thoroughly in cold water to remove all of the soap. Note: excessive soaking in bleach can deteriorate sewing threads. This method of cleaning may remove part of the water repellency. If water repellency is a factor, the fabric should receive an application of an air-curing water repellant treatment.
3. Monet Garden Awning, Canopy and Sunshade Fabric may be dry cleaned, but water repellant treatment must be applied to fabric after dry cleaning to reestablish water repellency. Monet Garden Awning, Canopy and Sunshade Fabric is made from 100% acrylic fiber and is thermoplastic or heat sensitive. When washing or cleaning. DO NOT SUBJECT TO EXCESSIVE HEAT as the fabric will shrink. DO NOT STEAM PRESS OR DRY IN ELECTRIC OR GAS DRYERS, but allow to air dry.
4. In cases where a Monet Garden Awning, Canopy or Sunshade is taken down and stored during the winter season, it should be cleaned, allowed to air dry, and stored in a dry, well ventilated area.
Care of Canopy FS Material
Canopy FS features Flouro-Shield, a protective PVDF coating that offers excellent resistance to outdoor elements. Flouro-Shield improves cleanability and the adhesion of graphics. Canopy FS is protected by an Eight Year Warranty.
1. Keep clean. Every 60-180 days, depending upon the location and environmental conditions, the fabric can be cleaned without being removed from the frame. Occasional hosing will prevent dirt accumulation. Most dirt accumulation can be removed by soap (mild solution such as Ivory soap), water and a soft scrub brush. Rinse thoroughly. Do not use bleach.
Back to Monet Garden Awning Index
Site Map: The Mat King Web Site in Overview
740 West End Avenue; Suite 1
New York, NY 10025 USA
Fax: 800-Mats-Fax (628-7329)
Fax: 800-Mats-Fax (628-7329)